- Climbing Mount Elbrus is doable but it is a challenge and the more prepared you are for it, the easier the climb will be for you
- Mount Elbrus is a snowy mountain, make sure you follow our packing and equipment lists for everything you need
- You can extend a few days if you'd like the chance explore some more
- Bring a mount for your camera if you can because it'll be cold to keep holding it.
Mount Elbrus (5,642m) of the Caucasus mountains is a large, double-coned volcano that stands as a watchtower between the great masses of Europe and Asia! Strong winds and extreme cold are regular symptoms of the highest mountain in one of the most desolate and northerly parts of the world. Having said this, all skills needed to climb this mountain can be taught on the expedition! Climbers just have to have a good level of fitness and determination to complete it.
Explore Mount Elbrus Now
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.