Muricata: Hiking in Ain Sokhna
Why take this trip?
- For ages: 8-13
- Our 3 day hiking trip is designed in a way to increase your sense of responsibility
- It will teach you to be more patient and resourceful.
- This camp will help you to both discover and improve your mental and physical skills.
Pumpkin soup at camp, crossing the equator, sleeping lion & above all making my way to the summit at night are all memories that are hard to wipe out! My life has been forever changed by this magical travel experience!!
Hala Mohie Eldin
The trip was beyond awesome!!
This trip really exceeded my expectations! Wild Guanabana offered me a life altering experience that I'll never forget for as long as I live. They had us well prepared & everything was well organized upon our arrival :)
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: (B/L/D)
We reach the start point of our hiking route in Ein Sokhna at 9am. Participants are then given a brief overview of the journey and some hiking tips. The group starts a 3hours hike, then stops to have lunch and rest, afterwards, we resume hiking for another 3hours. Once we reach our campsite, the camp leader introduces the participants to wind direction and teach them how to set up their own tents. Later at 8pm, we have dinner, play a fun campfire game and then go to sleep.
Day 2: (B/L/D)
Our day starts at 5:00am; we take down our tents, have breakfast and start hiking. At 12:00pm, we stop to rest and have lunch then resume hiking again to a new campsite. At 4:30pm, we reach our destination, set up our tents and build a campfire. Participants then will be given a wild cooking session before preparing dinner. After having dinner and before going to bed, we gather around the campfire, roast some marshmallows and enjoy some stargazing.
Day 3: (B/L/D)
We wake up, take down our tents and have a quick breakfast and then hit the hiking route back to our bus pickup point. At 12pm, we stop to rest, have lunch and discuss the whole camp and the learning outcomes and the resume hiking till we reach the bus. We take the bus back to Cairo and arrive at 6pm. P.S: We will inform you of all the Cairo meeting points one week prior to the trip.
- This price is based on a minimum of 15 participants
- Accommodation (Tents/Lodges)
- All activities as mentioned above
- All meals as mentioned above (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Round trip from Cairo to Ain Sokhna
- Program design
- First Aid trained local guides and camp crew
- Offsetting all carbon emissions of the journey in an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya (Wild Guanabana is the Middle East and North Africa’s first carbon neutral travel company)
- Personal items