Kenyan Wildlife Safari: Maasai Mara
Why take this trip?
- Enjoy Masai Mara's wilderness and wildlife!
- Look for the African Big 5 and enjoy the spectacle of the famous wildebeest migration!
- Try spotting the elusive leopard, rhino or a cheetah hunting!
Pumpkin soup at camp, crossing the equator, sleeping lion & above all making my way to the summit at night are all memories that are hard to wipe out! My life has been forever changed by this magical travel experience!!
Hala Mohie Eldin
The trip was beyond awesome!!
This trip really exceeded my expectations! Wild Guanabana offered me a life altering experience that I'll never forget for as long as I live. They had us well prepared & everything was well organized upon our arrival :)
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Welcome to Keyna (B, L, D)
Upon arrival at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, you'll be received by your guide and transferred to the Masai Mara. You'll then head directly to the Mara wilderness, search some of the areas wildlife hot spots determined by your guide who know and understand the games daily routines through tracking.
Day 2: Maasai Mara (B,L,D)
Set out bright and early this morning. Your journey will take you into the thick of the Masai Mara plains in search of the many residents including the African big 5. During the migration season you will have the privilege of witnessing one the greatest natural phenomenon on the planet. Spend the day taking in the spectacle of the famous wildebeest migration. The migration moves in a basic clockwise direction throughout the year in Serengeti Eco system and move north into Masai Mara, Kenya from July through to October. The herds are accompanied by Zebra and Thomsons gazelle and are stealthily hunted by local predators such as leopards, lions and hyenas.
Day 3: Maasai Mara's Eco-diversity (B,L,D)
This morning's African adventure begins with an exploratory game drive through Masai Mara. The Eco-diversity and sheer size of the Masai Mara provides the necessary requirements to house a wide range of animal species. While on your game drive try spotting the elusive leopard, rhino or a cheetah hunting. It's amazing to watch Cheetahs hunt, this animal has speed! A cheetah can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3 seconds. Afterwards, return to camp for diner and overnight.
Day 4: To Nairobi and Home (B)
After an early morning game drive, your driver guide will drive you to Nairobi. You shall be transferred to the airport to catch your flight back home. Kwaheri!
- This price is based on a minimum on 4 people
- All hotel bookings on a twin or double occupancy basis. Please note that there is an extra charge for those staying on a single room basis
- All included accommodation
- All activities as mentioned above
- All transfers during the trip in private cars
- All meals as per the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Experienced English speaking guides
- All national park admission/entrance & rescue fees
- Government Taxes
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Safari equipped 4x4 vehicles with coolbox drinking water
- International Flight to and from Nairobi
- Entry visas
- International Airport tax
- Personal expenditures such as laundry, drinks during meal, etc.
- Single supplement charges
- Your travel and health insurance
- Kenya Visa fee ($50 upon arrival at the airport)
- Discretionary tip to Safari driver (general guideline if your satisfied with the service is 50 USD per person)
- Hospital bills and international evacuation in the event of an emergency
- International Flight to and from Nairobi