Paragliding, Hiking & Rafting
Why take this trip?Hike up to Sarangkot hill for some breathtaking views from the top!
Make your way down by paragliding with an experienced guide
Explore the charming city of Pokhara and all it's natural beauty and famous temples
Discover the city of Kathmandu and visit some of the most world's oldest temples
Pumpkin soup at camp, crossing the equator, sleeping lion & above all making my way to the summit at night are all memories that are hard to wipe out! My life has been forever changed by this magical travel experience!!
Hala Mohie Eldin
The trip was beyond awesome!!
This trip really exceeded my expectations! Wild Guanabana offered me a life altering experience that I'll never forget for as long as I live. They had us well prepared & everything was well organized upon our arrival :)
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Namaste Nepal!
Arrival in Kathmandu city, the urban core of the Kathmandu Valley in the Himalayas, and head to check in at a cozy hotel that's perfectly located in the center of all the action. Today you'll visit Swayambhunath (a.k.a. the Monkey Temple) where you can interact with the Monkeys!
Day 2: Pretty Pokhara (B, L)
After an early breakfast, you drive to the rafting starting point where we will begin rafting for about two to three hours on exhilarating rapids. You will then drive to the city of Pokhara to get the chance to view the natural beauty of this area. Enjoy the rest of the day in leisure.
Day 3: Paragliding Over Nepal (B/L/D)
After a hearty breakfast, we will head out to an adrenaline boosting paragliding session as you fly over breathtaking scenery. We will then start our hike to Sarangkot hill in the afternoon. This hike is known for its spectacular mountain scenery and panoramic views of the surrounding mountain skyline, home to 3 of the highest mountains in the world! View the natural beauty of Pokhara valley and sleep at a lodge on top of the hill with to-die-for views!
Day 4: Hiking in a Painting (B)
In the early morning we head for a short hike up the hill to observe the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas. After breakfast we can either walk or drive back to Pokhara then you head for a half day sightseeing tour of Bindhyabasini Temple known for its fabulous view of the city and mountain ranges. Catch a glimpse of the unique waterfall, Davis fall, home to the legend of the Devi’s fall (to add a little mystery to your adventure, be sure to ask about the legend when your there). You then head to the illustrious Gorkha Museum that represents the mountains, people, and the area’s environment. After the sightseeing tour we have a one hour boating trip then free afternoon where you can enjoy the town's nature or even come back with a few Nepali souvenirs!
Day 5: Exploring Kathmandu (B)
After breakfast, you will drive back to Kathmandu, and visit some infamous temples. You will head to visit the stunning architectural beauty that is, Pashupatinath temple where many pilgrims from all over the world come to pay homage, as well as the Boudhanath temple. You will then head back and stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 6: Farewell (B)
After you breakfast you will be taken to the airport for your flight back home after your noon checkout time
• This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants
• Arrival, Departure and all Transport by private (non-A/C) car
• Experienced English speaking local guide
• Meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
• Activities as mentioned above
• All city tours with private car including all monument entrance fees
• Offsetting all carbon emissions of the journey in an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya (Wild Guanabana is the Middle East and North Africa’s first carbon neutral travel company)
• International return flight to Kathmandu, Nepal
• Internal flight to Pokhara (if you would rather fly than drive)
• Personal medical & travel insurance
• Nepal Visa fee (issued upon arrival for most nationalities US$25 for 15 days)
• Tips & gratuity