Rafting & Elephant Safari
Why take this trip?
• Experience the thrill of white-water rafting Nepal's river rapids!
• Tromp through the jungles of Nepal on the back of an elephant in Chitwan National Park.
• Experience the authentic Tharu tribe stick dance and jump in the action if you feel up to it!
• Monkey around with the monkeys of Kathmandu’s iconic Monkey Temple!
• Explore the capital’s Durbar Square to get more acquainted with the local culture.
Our guide was fun and friendly. The experience was amazing. All ancillary costs were within the pocket money recommended by WG. The team's response rate to last minute questions from us before the trip was amazing. Gani -our guide- is the best :)
Everything was just perfect! I am happy with the existing agenda, it was more than enough, Simply fantastic!
The guide was very helpful and friendly. He answered all of our questions regarding the trip and our host country’s culture.
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Namaste Nepal!
Upon arrival to Kathmandu you will be greeted at the aiport by a Wild Guanabana representitive and taken back to your hotel for a good night's rest.
Day 2: Rafting on Rapids (B/L/D)
After a hearty breakfast, we will drive to the rafting starting point where we will begin rafting for about three hours on exhilarating rapids. We will then drive to Chitwan where you will visit the authentic Tharu Village, watch a beautiful riverside sunset and the infamous Tharu Stick Dance.
Day 3: Elephant Back Safari (B)
Start off the day with an early breakfast followed by an elephant-back safari through the thick lush jungles! Afterwards, we make our way back to Kathmandhu for a good night’s sleep.
Day 4: Monkeys & Temples (B)
Today we will spend the day visiting the enchanting Monkey Temple and Kathmandu's Durbar Square to get more intimate with the cultural side of Nepal.
Day 5: Farwell (B)
Spend your last day in Kathmandu at your leisure until it is time for your airport transfer.
• This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants
• Arrival, Departure and all Transport by private (non-A/C) Car
• Experienced English Speaking Local Guide
• Accommodation in Kathmandu and Chitwan
• Meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast,L=Lunch,D=Dinner)
• All City tours are in private car
• All monuments and temple entrance fees
• All safety gear required for the rafting experience and including the rafting guide
• Offsetting all carbon emissions of the journey in an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya (Wild Guanabana is the Middle East and North Africa’s first carbon neutral travel company)
• International flight to and from Kathmandu, Nepal
• Services and activities not mentioned in the program
• Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
• Personal travel & medical Insurance
• Nepal Visa fee ($25 for 15 days)
• Tips & gratuity