Tanzania & Zanzibar
Why take this trip?
• Explore the Ngorongoro crater that has an animal population close to a 25,000 large animal!
• Visit Tarangire National Park, which is the sixth largest park in Tanzania
• Then, work on your tan on the white sandy beaches and gaze away at the endless miles of turquoise waters in Zanzibar
• Learn how to cook an authentic Swahili meal - yumm!
Everything went smoothly and we had a fantastic time. Our guide on the safari was amazing!
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Into the African Plains We Go!
You are picked up from the airport and transported to the Arusha Hotel (or similar). Make sure you arrive early on this day. Once you've had a chance to settle in, the guides will arrange a full trip briefing. The rest of the day will be spent at leisure but make sure you get a good night's rest as the next day starts pretty early!
Day 2: Tarangire National Park - (B/L/D)
After a healthy breakfast we head out to Tarangire National Park armed with picnic lunches for the day’s game drive. The park lies a little distance to the south east of Lake Manyara and covers an area of approximately 2,850 square kilometers. The name of the park originates from the Tarangire River that crosses through the park, being the only source of water for wild animals during dry seasons. It’s home to a wide variety of game from elephant to leopard; boabab trees and climbing African pythons. After the safari we head your lodge for dinner.
Day 3: Final Encounters - (B/L/D)
After breakfast, we head out to to explore the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA) with its and conservation area famed for it's dramatic game filled crater. Today is ideal for game viewing and excellent photography. In the afternoon you head back out of the 2000 feet deep crater back to your lodge for dinner. The NCA is a UNESCO World Heritage Site 180km west of Arusha town. The crater is a large volcanic caldera with a population of over 30,000 large animals. It is said that the highest concentrations of predators in Africa live in this area which is famous for the black rhino, hippos, wildebeest, zebra and gazelles. The crater also has the densest population of lions and on the crater rim you can also find elephants, mountain reedbuck and buffalo and the most elusive leopards. After the safari we head to the beautiful KIA Lodge to catch your flight to the wonderful island of Zanzibar!
Day 4 to 6: Beach Time - (B)
After breakfast, we take off to the airport for a morning flight. Once you get to the exotic island of Zanzibar (1 hour flight) we are taken by private car directly to the hotel then have the rest of the day to relax. You’ll be staying at the simple yet comfy Beach Resort. On the last day, you have part of the day (depending on flight time) to enjoy the beach, after which you head out to the airport for your flight home. Of course you may wish to extend your stay; just let us know! If you’d like to be active on the island, for an additional cost, there are plenty of experiences to choose from like: - Tour the charming island center of Stone Town - Spices & fruit tasting experience - Safari Blue boat trip, snorkeling and seafood day - Sunset Dhow cruise - Swahili cooking class with a private chef
• All hotel bookings on a twin or double occupancy basis.
• All included accommodation
• All activities as mentioned above
• All transfers during the trip in private cars
• All transports
• Experienced English speaking guides
• All national park admission & entrance fees
• Safari equiped 4x4 Land Cruiser vehicle with watercooler
• Offsetting all carbon emissions of the journey in an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya (Wild Guanabana is the Middle East and North Africa’s first carbon neutral travel company)
• International return flight to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
• Domestic flight to Zanzibar
• International Airport tax
• Personal expenditures such as laundry, drinks during meal, etc.
• Meals/drinks not mentioned above
• Your travel and health insurance
• Tanzania Visa fee (US$50, US$100 for American passport holders)
• Discretionary tip to Safari driver (general guideline if your satisfied with the service is 50 USD per person)