The Tropical Retreat - Deluxe
Why take this trip?
- Relax in Manuel Antonio with its white sand beaches and lush foliage amidst great mountains and forests that reach the beaches.
- Go on a hiking tour to the base of the Arenal Volcano, where you can spot a big variety of diverse flora and fauna such as monkeys, toucans, wild turkeys, sloths, a big variety of birds, and more!
- Enjoy a great zip lining experience at Costa Rica’s biggest Zip lining Tour which offers 16 cables and 19 platforms which total 2.3 miles of cable length!
- Experience the real contact with nature and discover one of Costa Rica's hidden mysteries, Rio Celeste (Celeste River)
Pumpkin soup at camp, crossing the equator, sleeping lion & above all making my way to the summit at night are all memories that are hard to wipe out! My life has been forever changed by this magical travel experience!!
Hala Mohie Eldin
The trip was beyond awesome!!
This trip really exceeded my expectations! Wild Guanabana offered me a life altering experience that I'll never forget for as long as I live. They had us well prepared & everything was well organized upon our arrival :)
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Hola Costa Rica!
Upon arrival in Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose, you'll be met by a Wild Guanabana representative for your private transfer to the hotel. Spend a free day recovering from the long flight and explore the city if you feel up for it.
Day 2: Rafting to Arenal! - (B/L)
This morning you will have quite an adventurous way of traveling to the Arenal Volcano Area, you will be rafting there! After breakfast get ready for your pick up at your hotel in San Jose to the Rio Balsa. Here, you’ll receive a safety talk, get your gear all set (helmet, life-jacket and paddle) and you’ll have the time of your life paddling down Costa Rica’s best rivers! You’ll be on the water for about 2 to 2.5 hours. You’ll finish up with a delicious spread of fresh, tropical fruits and then go to our river house for an exclusive, home-made buffet lunch. You’ll get to your Arenal Volcano hotel by 4pm. The rest of the afternoon is free for you to explore this artisan town.
Day 3: Volcano Hike & Hot Springs! - (B)
Today you will be transferred to your day tour which includes a hike through pristine rainforest with a naturalist guide to the base of the Arenal Volcano where you will observe the beautiful sunset at the observation point. Later, prepare for a swim in a relaxing pool of natural and hot Spring water, after which you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Day 4: Rio Celeste Tour - (B/L)
Today, you will experience the real contact with nature and discover one of Costa Rica ́s hidden mysteries, Rio Celeste (Celeste River). You will hike rainforest trails for approximately 4 hours or over 7 km. During the walk, you will visit places such as the Lagoon, Los Tenideros, a place where two pristine brooks meet forming the perfect chemistry delighting us with the heavenly turquoise color and the thermal mud-filled cavities in the ground. Also, take a soothing warn bath at Tenorio natural springs. After reaching volcanic fumaroles ejecting steam and high temperature gases, we will finish our hike down at the splendid waterfall of Rio Celeste. You will be transferred back to your hotel once the tour is finished.
Day 5: Off to Monteverde! - (B)
This morning, you will be picked up at your hotel in Arenal for your land and boat shuttle to Monteverde, which is a small town in Puntarenas Province. This town is considered one of the most visited in Costa Rica for its Cloud Forest and numerous other reserves. This afternoon is free for you to enjoy the many sights it has to offer.
Day 6: Zipling Tour! - (B)
This morning after breakfast you need to get ready for the amazing experience at Costa Rica’s biggest zip lining tour which offers 16 cables and 19 platforms with a total of 2.3 miles of cable length. It also has the longest cable in the country with a length of half a mile and is built entirely inside the virgin cloud forest. A representative will pick you up at the reception of your hotel and bring you back at the end of the tour.
Day 7: Beach Bound - (B)
After breakfast you will be transferred by shuttle to your hotel in Manuel Antonio. This beach has one of the most impressive landscapes in the world and has several coves with many white sand beaches and lush foliage amidst great mountains and forests that reach the beaches. Additionally, it is located in the tropical lush forest. It has a large land and marine biodiversity with beautiful coral reefs. This afternoon is free for you to enjoy the warm sun by the pool or by the beach.
Day 8: Beach Bound Continued - (B)
This day is free for you to enjoy and relax at this beautiful beach. Ask for diving options, if you'd like to try it out if you're a certified diver.
Day 9: Adios Costa Rica! (B)
Your driver will pick you up this morning at the reception of your hotel in Manuel Antonio for your transfer to the Juan Santa Maria International Airport for your flight back home.
- Consultation on every aspect of trip preparation
- All vehicle transfers as mentioned above
- All hotels as mentioned above (4 & 5 star hotels)
- All meals as mentioned above
- All adventure activities as mentioned above
- All national park fees
- Professional English-speaking guides throughout the journey
- First-aid Supplies and experienced professionals in its use
- Offsetting all carbon emissions of the journey in an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya (Wild Guanabana is the Middle East and North Africa’s first carbon neutral travel company)
- Consultation on every aspect of trip preparation
- International flights
- Costa Rican visa (holders of valid Schengen and USA visas can get it on arrival)
- Departure tax ($29 per person)
- Meals that are not included in the itinerary
- Optional excursions during free time
- Travel and medical insurance
- Excess baggage charges and airport departure tax
- Discretionary tips and gratuity
- International flights