Wildlife Safari: Tarangire, Ngorongoro & Lake Manyara
Why take this trip?
- Witness some of the worlds endangered species in their natural habitat
- Drive through the Ngorongoro volcanic crater that houses more than 20,000 large animals
- Explore Tanzania's sixth largest park, which hosts some of Africa's Kings & Queens
It was awesome! We had a fantastic time and we loved everything. Your team is very friendly and reliable. We were actually sad to leave Cilayo our guide after 3 long days! I have already recommended WG to many :)
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Arrival In Arusha - (B/D)
Upon arrival, you are met by one of our representatives and transferred to Mount Meru Hotel to rest and get ready to start your safari the next day! Overnight Mount Meru Hotel
Day 2: Tarangire National Park (B/L/D)
After breakfast you are given a short briefing before you head out to Tarangire National Park armed with picnic lunches. Tarangire is home to a wide variety of game from elephant to leopard. In the late afternoon you head up to your lodge for dinner. A perfect introduction to game in East Africa! Overnight Kirurumu Manyara Lodge
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater (B/L/D)
Today, an early start is required to head to the world famous Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Famed for its dramatic game filled crater, today is ideal for game viewing and excellent photography. In the afternoon you head out of the 2000 feet deep crater back to your lodge for dinner. Overnight Kirurumu Manyara Lodge
Day 4: Lake Manyara National Park (B/L/D)
After breakfast you head on to Lake Manyara National Park with picnic lunches. Famous for its tree climbing lions and elephant populations, Manyara has a wide array of habitats from open plains to cool ground water forest. Late afternoon we head back to Arusha where we arrive in time for dinner. Overnight Mount Meru Hotel
Day 5: Homebound
You are transferred to Kilimanjaro International airport for your departure flight
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 people
- All hotel bookings on a twin or double occupancy basis. Please note that there is an extra charge for those staying on a single room basis
- All included accommodation
- All activities as mentioned above
- All transfers during the trip in private cars
- All transports
- Experienced English speaking guides
- All national park admission & entrance fee
- Safari equipped 4x4 Land Cruiser vehicle with cool-box
- Water in the safari vehicle
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 people
- International Flight to and from Tanzania
- International Airport tax
- Personal expenditures such as laundry, drinks during meal, etc.
- Your travel and health insurance
- Tanzania Visa fee (50 USD, 100 USD for American passport holders)
- Discretionary tip to Safari driver (general guideline if your satisfied with the service is 50 USD per person)