Wildlife Safari: Ngorongoro, Tarangire, Serengeti & Lake Manyara
Why take this trip?
- Witness some of the worlds endangered species in their natural habitat
- Drive through the Ngorongoro volcanic crater that houses more than 20,000 large animals
- Explore Tanzania's sixth largest park, which hosts some of Africa's Kings & Queens
- Go on a 2-day game drive through the infamous Serengeti
It was like a real life Lion king movie unfolding in front of me! We often had lunch inside the National parks overlooking Hippos doing their business. Best decision I ever did was to extend to do the Wildlife Safari!
- Sightseeing and/or relaxation
- Light adventure, no previous experience or training required
- A challenge, no previous experience necessary. A moderate level of fitness and preparation are required
- Previous experience and intensive training is required
- Basic: lodging in guest houses, small hotels and/or camping. Mix of private and public transportation
- Standard: Clean and comfortable accommodation and/or well-maintained campsites. Mostly private transportation with occasional public transport when unavoidable.
- Luxury: Hand-picked luxury lodging or pampered campsites. Private and upgraded transportation facilities.
tCO2 = Tonnes of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
How we do it
As an ethical and responsible travel company, we reduce our carbon footprint by designing trips that are low carbon impact and carefully calculating the impact with the help of an environmental consultancy. We then buy carbon credit equivalents to offset all emissions that cannot be reduced including those resulting from our day-to-day business operations. Our offsetting is done through an energy efficient stoves project in Kenya. On request, every traveller receives their own PDF offset certificate post-travel. Wild Guanabana is the first carbon-neutral travel company in the Middle East & North Africa. Note: We do not sell or issue flight tickets ourselves so consequently we don't offset those emissions.
What does offsetting mean anyway?
It's a way of reducing your ecological impact by 'neutralizing' the impact of your carbon footprint. Actions associated with travel amount to around a third of greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. Carbon offsetting offers a solution to reduce the impact of your travel by purchasing carbon credits that are invested in activities that reduce CO2. While this doesn't erase all of the environmental impact, it does serve to help reinvest into the planet and contribute to activities which help its conversation. For more information on Carbon offsetting read more from our partners ERCC Carbon and our Sustainable Travel International.
Which month to travel:
Itinerary Details / Price Inclusions & Exclusions
Day 1: Arrival In Arusha
Upon arrival, you are met by one of our representatives and transferred to Mount Meru Hotel to rest and get ready to start your safari the next day! Overnight Mount Meru Hotel
Day 2: Tarangire National Park (B/L/D)
After breakfast, your guide will brief you on your adventure ahead before you goTarangire National Park armed with picnic lunches. Tarangire is home to a wide variety of game from elephant to leopard and rolling hills dotted with ancient baobab trees. A fantastic introduction to game in East Africa. In the late afternoon you head to a picturesque tented lodge for dinner. Overnight Tented Lodge
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park (B/L/D)
After breakfast you head out to Lake Manyara National Park with picnic lunches. Famous for its tree climbing lions and elephant populations. Manyara has a wide array of habitats from open plains to cool ground water forest. In the late afternoon you head up to your lodge for dinner. Overnight Ngorongoro Lodge
Day 4: Ngorongoro Conservation Area (B/L/D)
Today, an early start is required to head into the world famous Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Famed for its dramatic game filled crater, today is ideal for game viewing and excellent photography. In the afternoon you head out of the 2000 feet deep crater back to your lodge for dinner. Overnight Ngorongoro Lodge
Day 5: Serengeti National Park (B/L/D)
The finale of this safari are the endless plains of the Serengeti, a vast eco system that continues into Kenya and is contiguous with the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the Serengeti offers a huge variety of experiences. On route we stop off at the Cradle of Mankind - Olduvai Gorge. Here, work started by the Leakey family continues today to be explored as a fossil dating back to millions of years. From here, we game drive our way into our lodge for the evening. Overnight Kirurumu Ndutu Camp
Day 6: Serengeti Continued (B/L/D)
Despite being a mobile camp that moves seasonally for the best game experiences, our classic safari accommodation is remarkably comfortable and a perfect home for our last two nights. Set in the seasonally best places we head out for game drives to search for a variety of predators and other fauna that the Serengeti has to offer. There are also a range of habitats to Kopje (rock outcroppings) dotted plains to thick wood lands and hippo pools. A full day is spent exploring and game driving. Overnight Kirurumu Ndutu Camp
Day 7: Last Drive (B/L)
In the morning we head out for a final game drive and then drive back to Arusha. Overnight Mount Meru Hotel
Day 8: Homebound
You are transferred to Kilimanjaro International airport for your departure flight
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 people
- All hotel bookings on a twin or double occupancy basis. Please note that there is an extra charge for those staying on a single room basis
- All included accommodation
- All activities as mentioned above
- All transfers during the trip in private cars
- All transports
- Experienced English speaking guides
- All national park admission & entrance fee
- Safari equiped 4x4 Land Cruiser vehicle with coolbox
- Water in the safari vehicle
- International Flight to and from Tanzania
- International Airport tax
- Personal expenditures such as laundry, drinks during meal, etc.
- Single supplement charges (130 USD for Safari , inquire for Zanzibar)
- Your travel and health insurance
- Tanzania Visa fee (50 USD, 100 USD for American passport holders)
- Discretionary tip to Safari driver (general guideline if your satisfied with the service is 50 USD per person)
- International Flight to and from Tanzania