Today we arrive in Kathmandu City – the urban core of the Kathmandu Valley in the Himalayas – and check in at a cozy hotel located right at the centre of all the action. Afterward, we’ll be visiting Swayambhunath (a.k.a. the Monkey Temple) where we get to interact with the monkeys!
After an early breakfast, we’ll drive to our starting point where we’ll begin rafting for 2-3 hours on exhilarating rapids. We’ll then drive to the city of Pokhara where we get the chance to view the natural beauty of this area before spending a leisurely rest of the day.
After a hearty breakfast, we’ll head out to an adrenaline-pumping paragliding session as we fly over some breathtaking scenery. We will then start our hike to Sarangkot hill in the afternoon. This hike is known for its spectacular mountain scenery and panoramic views of the surrounding mountain skyline, home to 3 of the highest mountains in the world! View the natural beauty of Pokhara Valley and sleep at a lodge on top of the hill with some views to die for.
Rise and shine, Guanabanas! We’re taking a short hike up the hill to watch the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas before breakfast. Next we get the option to either walk or drive back to Pokhara before heading out for a half-day sightseeing tour of Bindhyabasini Temple, known for its fabulous view of the city and mountain ranges. Catch a glimpse of the unique Davis Fall, home to the legend of the Devi’s fall (be sure to ask about the legend when we get there), before we head to the illustrious Gorkha Museum that represents the mountains, people, and the area’s environment. After the sightseeing tour we have a one-hour boating trip then free afternoon where we can enjoy the town's nature or even come back with a few Nepali souvenirs.
After breakfast we’ll drive back to Kathmandu and visit the stunning architectural beauty that is Pashupatinath Temple, where many pilgrims from all over the world come to pay homage, as well as the Boudhanath Temple. We’ll then head back to the hotel for our final overnight stay.
Today we’re being transferred to the airport to catch our flights back home.
best time to travel:
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- This price is based on a minimum of 4 participants.
- Arrival, departure, and all transport in a private (non-A/C) car.
- Experienced English-speaking and first aid trained local guide
- Meals as mentioned above (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Activities as mentioned above.
- All city tours with a private car, including all monument entrance fees
- International flights to/from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Internal flight to Pokhara (if you would rather fly than drive)
- Personal medical & travel insurance
- Nepal visa fee (issued upon arrival for most nationalities 25 USD for 15 days)
- Tips & gratuity